Quick, Simple, Unbelievably Vegan.

Vegan Mac & Cheese (Quick & Simple Recipes)



Here is a recipe for vegan mac & cheese, made out of vegetables. I know “cheese” made out of vegetables; it might sound very weird but trust me, it's good. Even the UK is stepping up their vegan game with many pre-made vegan mac & cheese products now, but if you want a really quick, homemade alternative without having to buy vegan cheeses, I’ve got you covered.

Essential
  • 1 large potato
  • 2 carrots
  • ½ cup nutritional yeast
  • 1 cup soy milk
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • ½ teaspoon turmeric
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)

A few people have asked me to convert the recipes into grams & millilitres, but I feel like having it in cups is a lot simpler, and here in the UK, there are so many places you can buy these little useful utensils from such as Home Bargain, as this is where I got mine from, and it makes cooking a lot easier than having to measure out each ingredient, so I suggest picking yourself up a set, because trust me, you'll realise how much easier it is to cook with them.

First peel & chop your potato & carrots, then place them into a pan of water. Boil until softened. Also get your pasta on to cook in a separate pan. Once the potatoes & carrots are soft, drain & add into your blender, along with your soy milk, nutritional yeast, paprika, turmeric & salt. Then, blend & that's it! Yes, really. That’s it. It’s a really fast & simple recipe, and tastes great!

Before I when vegan, I didn’t have a clue what nutritional yeast was, and when I first saw it, I thought it just looked like fish food. I had no clue that it would become such an essential part of my cooking. When I was first looking at recipes & meal ideas before I went vegan, so many of them said it can give your food a “cheesy” flavor, I just thought “How? How can this weird power do that?”... But it does! As you can see, the one that I am using it has added B12, so it's a great way to get that into your diet if you're worried about that! I got mine from Holland & Barrett here in the UK, while you can also get it in many health food stores.

You can add the sauce to anything you feel like, such as nachos, chips or even just as a dip.
Thanks For Reading!
Lisa xox

No comments:

Post a Comment