Quick, Simple, Unbelievably Vegan.

3-Ingredient Buttery Vegan Shortbread!


I'm going to show you one of my quickest biscuit recipes & that's vegan shortbread. When I went vegan, I can never find vegan shortbread. I thought it just didn't exist. I had no idea how to make it because I didn't even make it before I was vegan, but now I have this quick & simple shortbread recipe that I would like to share.

And a lot of places here in the UK have free from sections in the supermarket and I always forget that includes gluten free and different allergens so when I see shortbread I get really excited thinking yes vegan shortbread and then i look at the back….“oh no butter...” so I decided to try and make my own and well it was much easier than I thought shortbread was one of those recipes I was always told us really hard to make but when you actually look at it it's just flour butter and sugar and that's it and it's something that you can easily turn vegan because all you need to use is vegan butter Instead of dairy.

Also I have noticed that in the US not all sugar is vegan so if you're from the US you may need to make sure that you find a brand of sugar  that is vegan but here in the UK all sugar is vegan.






print recipe

3-Ingredient Buttery Vegan Shortbread!
Ingredients
  • 2 Cups Plain Flour
  • 1 Cup Vegan Butter
  • 1/2 Cups Powdered Suger
  • 2 Tablespoons Granulated Suger (Topping)
Instructions
1. Add all your ingredients (except granulated sugar) Into a bowl.2. Mix your ingredients with a fork or your finger tips until you have a crumble texture.3. With your hands, press the crumbly mix until it forms a ball. (don't worry if it seems a bit dry, just keep pressing and it will form a ball.4. Flour your surface & roll out your dough.5. Cut out your shortbread with a cookie cutter or into any shape you like.6. Place your shortbread onto a lined baking sheet & add the granulated sugar on top.7. Place in the middle shelf of your oven for 15-20 minutes at gas mark 5 (375 degrees f, 190 degrees c) checking at regular intervals to make sure they haven't browned to much.8. When time is up, let them cool completely to firm fully.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 20




Thanks for reading!

Lisa xox.

No comments:

Post a Comment